THE PRACTICE PREMISES
- We try to keep the Health Centre warm, clean and welcoming.
- We have disabled access and toilets, a play area for children and a car park for the use of our Patients.
We ask patients to help us by:
- Keeping the Practice premises tidy by not dropping litter or damaging the furniture and fittings in any way.
- Not smoking on the Surgery premises or grounds.
- Not bringing animals into the Surgery, except Guide Dogs for the Blind.
- Not touching equipment or opening doors or cupboards without permission.
- Keeping children under control at all times.
- Not parking or obstructing Doctor's car parking spaces and not parking in bays reserved for the disabled unless the driver or a passenger is disabled. Being prepared to move a car on request from staff.
- The telephone will be answered as quickly as possible - as soon as a Receptionist is available to deal with your query.
- Please try and avoid ringing for routine enquiries before 10.00 am.
- Members of staff will be helpful and polite and each call will be treated confidentially.
- We have a Minicom Textphone to enable us to communicate with our deaf patients.
In return patients can help by:
- Waiting patiently for the phone to be answered and stating the nature of the enquiry clearly.
- Please treat the Practice Staff politely and tolerantly.
- Please state the reason for the call clearly and understand that a named Doctor may not be available. Also, once the Doctor has left the Surgery there will be a delay before he can receive the message.
- Patients requiring regular medication may, with agreement, obtain repeat prescriptions; 48 hours notice is required between Monday and Friday excluding weekends.
Help us to help you, please:
- Order repeat medication via either the prescription line, Tel No 738111 or by email, please see Receptionist about how to obtain prescriptions by email.
- Order medications before they run out.
- Give Receptionists clear information on the drugs you require.
- Understand that Receptionists can only carry out the Doctor's instructions and are not allowed to change or adapt prescriptions.
- Local Chemists offer a collection and in some cases a delivery service for repeat medication. This method does require your consent and enquiry should be made at your usual Chemist.
- Repeat medication can be requested via either the prescription line Tel No 738111 or by email; please see the Receptionist about how to obtain prescriptions by email.
- Repeat medication can also be requested by post or depositing your request slip in the ‘Prescription box’ situated in between the main entrance doors.
When requesting appointments patients can help by:
- Non-urgent appointments can be booked a week in advance.
- Being flexible when accepting appointment days and times.
- Letting the Surgery know as soon as possible if you are unable to keep an appointment or no longer need it in order that it may be given to another Patient.
- Being patient if the Doctor is delayed - it could be you who needs extra time on another day.
- Understanding that Receptionists only carry out Doctors’ instructions regarding appointment times and availability.